1. Brendon McCullum for Kolkata Knight Riders: New Zealand’s dashing Wicket Keeper batsman Brendon McCullum has been sold to the Kolkata Knight Riders for $900,000 which is $500,000 more than his base price! The 30-year-old Brendon McCullum is credited to set the inaugural IPL season by smashing 158 not out in 73 balls for the Kolkata Knight Riders against Royal Challengers Bangalore.
2. Ravindra Jadeja for Chennai Super Kings: The hottest pick of the DLF IPL-5 auction is Ravindra Jadeja, who has cemented his place in the India ODI and T20I team because of his utility as a solid left handed batsman, clever left-arm spin and live-wire fielding. The 23-year-old Jadeja has been bagged for a record $ 2000000 (2 million!) by defending Champions Chennai Super Kings! CSK infact just got the better of the Deccan Chargers in a tie-breaker to grab Ravindra Jadeja.
3. Muttiah Muralitharan for Royal Challengers Bangalore: The former Sri Lankan off spinning great and also the highest Wicket Taker in Test Cricket – Muttiah Muralitharan has been bought for $220,000 by Dr. Vijay Mallya’s Royal Challengers Bangalore. Muralitharan has been bought for $20,000 more than his base price.
4. Mahela Jayawardene for Delhi Daredevils: The new Sri Lankan Captain – Mahela Jayawardene known for his sweet stroke-making has been bought for $1.4 million by the Delhi Daredevils. Mahela has been a costly pick for the Daredevils considering that his base price is just $300,000.
5. Herschelle Gibbs for Mumbai Indians : South Africa may not need Herschelle Gibbs but Mumbai Indians certainly do as they bought this explosive opener for just $50,000. Gibbs is an exciting batsman when he gets going and he is one of the best fielders in the history of the game. Herschelle Gibbs was bought for exactly his base price of $50,000.
6. Brad Hodge for Rajasthan Royals: The Australian discard Brad Hodge has been bought for $475,000 by the Rajasthan Royals. Hodge is a solid right handed batsman who can chip in with some useful off breaks as well. Hodge has made a profit considering that his base price was only $200,000.
7. Parthiv Patel for Deccan Chargers: This little Wicket Keeper batsman has been bought for $650,000 by the Deccan Chargers. Parthiv may not be known for his big hitting but he does strike the ball sweetly and does a decent job at the top of the batting order. Parthiv Patel is lucky to have been bought for a price which is more than three times his base price of $200,000.
8. Dinesh Chandimal for Rajasthan Royals: This new exciting batting talent from Sri Lanka has been bought exactly at his base price of $50,000 by the Rajasthan Royals. Chandimal is a good striker of the ball and also doubles up as a specialist wicket keeper.
9. Andre Russell for Delhi Daredevils: He may be playing for a weak West Indian team but Andre Russell has the potential to become a world class all-rounder! Russell is a powerful hitter of the cricket ball and at the same time can hurl it at sharp speeds! No surprise when Russell was bagged for $450,000 by the Delhi Daredevils which is seven times more than his base price of $50,000.
10. Mitchell Johnson for Mumbai Indians: The Aussie left-arm fast bowler is also a good slogger down the order and he has been bought exactly at his base price of $300,000 by the Mumbai Indians.
11. RP Singh for Mumbai India: This Uttar Pradesh lad is tall and he can swing and seam the ball at good speeds coupled up with his tall height and the uniqueness of being a left-arm pacer. RP Singh can do significant damage with the new ball and he has been bought three times more than his base price for $600,000 by Mumbai Indians.
12. R Vinay Kumar – The Karnataka Captain who seems to be cementing a place in the Indian ODI and T20I team has been bought by his local franchise - Royal Challengers Bangalore for a huge price of $1 million which is more than 10 times his base price of $100,000!